My Kindle 4 international version review
It has been a while since I ordered Kindle 4, by far Kindle 4 is the best ebook reader I have ever use, if you are thinking about getting one of this e-ink ebook reader, here is my review about this Kindle 4 international :
Price, order and shipping for Kindle 4 international :I am not living in U.S., so my only choice for new Kindles is Kindle 4 (At the moment, the only new generation Kindles that would ship internationally is Kindle 4, you can not order Kindle Fire and Kindle Touch and also not with a sponsored screen). It has taken around 3-4 days via DHL to deliver Kindle 4 to my home, (depends on where you live this Kindle 4 international delivery time could take a week).
And what you have to pay is not only a Kindle 4 Wi-Fi price that is 109 USD but also you have to pay for tax and handling fee, which for me, my total price for Kindle 4 international is around 180 USD !
So, my recommendation about Kindle 4 international order is you should check your local store for alternative ebook readers first, and make a Pros and Cons list about order Kindle 4 via Amazon that you will have to wait for a few days of shipping plus you have to pay the extra fee, or you should go with available ebook readers in your country. For the tax and handling fee, it depends on your country policy, some countries like mine have a high tax for imported fee, but for some country, you don’t have to pay tax at all ! So, you better check for tax and handling fee specifically for your country as well.
Kindle ebook online buying system: So, if it is too hard and I have to pay an extra price for Kindle 4 international while I still has purchased it ? There are a few reasons to that :
1. Ebook readers are hardly available in my country and a few that available are more expensive than Kindle 4 and their online stores are not so good.
2. Kindle ebook price is cheaper than english language books in my country, (since it have been charged for imported tax and shopping as well !), depends on book, but it is around 20-30 % cheaper than printed. So I think, investing on Kindle 4 international to buy cheap ebook is not a bad idea at all.
3. And also I love how easy Amazon ebook online purchasing system is. Via Kindle 4 international, what I have to do is just turn on my Wi-Fi, bring up onscreen keyboard and type for what I am looking for on Kindle ebook store, or I can make a purchase through my IPad or my computer as well and choose to send my new copy of ebook to my Kindle 4, by far this is a major reason that I have chosen Kindle 4, its online ebook store is so great.
Kindle 4 international Pros & Cons : by far, this ebook reader comes with the downside and the plus side, here is my thought about this ebook reader :
Kindle 4 international’s Pros
- It comes with a super light weight, a perfect ebook reader for portable.
- Two sides of page turning buttons make it is very easy to swiftly turn your ebook’s page.
- 6 inch e-ink screen display is great, may not as great as Kindle DX Graphite since I can notice ghost screens on Kindle 4 (this happened because Amazon decided to reduced a refresh page rate, from every page turn to around 8 pages per 1 refreshing, what you have is a faster page turn but you have to trade for is ghost screen), but it is not a big deal for a text reading and I don’t expect to use Kindle 4 as a comic reader, its 6 inch display is too small for graphic, I have tried to read a Skinny on series that is a self-help graphic rendering on Kindle 4, it is readable but not as good as on a Kindle DX Graphite 9.7 inch screen.
- Highlighting & dictionary function work very well and faster than a previous generation Kindle.
Kindle 4 international’s Cons
- With Wi-Fi on, I think its battery is too less, I have to charge it for once a month, it will be better if Kindle 4 comes with a better batter life, like Amazon had offered with Kindle 3.
- You may need sometime to get used to with 5 way navigator especially with highlighting .
- Onscreen keyboard may be a great choice for ebook buying but not work for note taking at all, if you are a person who love to do a short note while you read, Kindle 3 international may suites you well since it comes with a physical keyboard. And with no physical keyboard, using Kindle 4 for web browsing is not a good idea as well.
- I love 3G and if Kindle 4 comes with 3G, it will be good, or at least Amazon should offers 3G on Kindle 4 international as well.
- There are no MP3 player, as well as text to speech feature, actually Kindle 4 is not equipped with a speaker or 3.5 mm jack at all. This could be considered both Pros & Cons. I have found myself hardly use Read-to-Me feature of Kindle DX Graphite and also MP3 player on Kindle is not so good (that’s why they are called experimental). So, to conclude I think Kindle 4 is an ebook reader for a person who want to read and don’t mind about it lacks of functionality. It is a simplest ebook reader ever !Kindle 4′s rivals There are Kindle 4′s rivals that you may want to check out before buy a Kindle 4 international : Kobo touch, Sony PRS-T1, and Nook Touch. In my opinion, I think Sony PRS-T1 is a real Kindle 4 killers based on its hardware specification and price, but still I think Sony’s bookstore is not as good as Amazon since Amazon’s first priority is book selling. The future of ebook reader There are many color e-ink screen technologies have been introduced but not yet released worldwide, at the moment there are two color ebook readers that have been recognized Kyobo ereader (Korea) and Hanvon (China) but like I’ve mentioned, ebook reader is not about a device’s hardware specification but also an online store that support it. I think it is too early to buy color e-ink screen ebook reader since it has no online store available worldwide.