Amazon won’t sell their 139 USD touchscreen ebook reader to us ? Fine, now we have an option, Sony Reader Wi-Fi PRS-T1, with a cheaper price than Kindle Touch Wi-Fi version, Sony Reader Wi-Fi PRS-T1 offers a lot of features that you’ll love this ebook reader, here is Sony Reader Wi-Fi’s killer features :
Click here for international order for Sony Reader Wi-Fi PRS-T1 with 31 % discount (limited time) @ Amazon
1. Sony Reader Wi-Fi PRS-T1 can be used as a multi-touchscreen ebook reader (pinch to zoom in for PDF, web browser and photos) and also you can use its stylus to take note while you read. Or on the other hand, you can use this Sony Reader Wi-Fi as your ebook reader as well as your digital notebook !, if you are looking for ebook reader for college, I think Sony Reader Wi-Fi is one of an interesting choice ( it is a shame that Sony Reader Wi-Fi lacks of a stylus slot, but if you buy Sony Reader Wi-Fi lighted cover which is only 39 USD you can have a stylus slot in lighted cover).
2. Sony Reader Wi-Fi PRS-T1 comes with 3.5 mm audio connection that allowed you to listen to music with no need to carry another MP3 player, it is a shame that Sony Reader Wi-Fi lacks of Read-to-Me or Text to Speech feature that available on Kindle Touch, but personally, I have a Kindle DX that featured this Text-to-Speech function and I’ve found that I rarely use it.
3. Sony Reader Wi-Fi PRS-T1 web browser is great, I have to say this is the best web browser that I have ever use !, you can make a zoom-in and out in IPad style, and also an onscreen keyboard of Sony Reader Wi-Fi is very responsive and very fast, and it also comes with screen capture function to allowed you to capture pages that you like in a picture format !
4. Sony Reader Wi-Fi PRS-T1 supports many languages, unlike Kindle that works based on english language basis, Sony Reader Wi-Fi recognizes so many language, so if you have ebook in your language, Sony Reader Wi-Fi can read it !
5. Sony Reader Wi-Fi comes with a landscape mode !, (this is how to do it, Amazon !), while this feature lacks on Kindle Touch and if you want to use it, you need to jailbreak it that in my opinion, I don’t support an idea of jailbreak since you may lose your warranty and I don’t see why I have to pay for a device that not fit my requirement.
6. Sony Reader Wi-Fi PRS-T1 is cheaper than Kindle Touch, if you live in U.S., Sony Reader Wi-Fi may cause you around 125 USD and Kindle Touch will cost you around 139 USD, you can have a cheaper version by switch to Kindle Touch sponsored home screen version, it mat cost you around 99 USD, but if I were you I will pay more 25 USD for Sony Reader Wi-Fi to get a advertising free ereader. If you live outside U.S. like me, what you can order is a Kindle 4, not a Kindle Touch, and I have tried to order both Sony Reader Wi-Fi and Kindle 4 and the price of Sony Reader Wi-Fi is around more 25 USD expensive that I think it is worth an extra money !
So, here is a Sony Reader Wi-Fi review video to show you how special this ereader is, have fun ! (if you want, there is also a Kobo Touch ereader as an option, but I think Sony Reader is a better choice).